InterAct Story Theatre
Arts are for everyone, and everyone learns through the arts!
New * Now * Next
InterAct Story Theatre is reopening with virtual and in-person programming on a rolling basis in the four phases below, following the protocols and reopening schedules of the State of Maryland, Montgomery County where InterAct’s office is based, and the rules set by the state/county/local government where the program will occur:
• Phase A: Now! Online and Virtual performances, workshops, family events, classroom residencies, and professional development for artists and educators; outdoor workshops and recreation programs with small group sizes in some areas.
• Phase B: Beginning January 2021: Above, plus in-person solo performances, classroom workshops, classroom residencies for early childhood programs, care centers, and organizations with small group sizes.
• Phase C: Beginning February/March 2021: Classroom workshops with elementary school audiences, with health and safety protocols and restrictions; performances of ensemble programs with audience size restrictions; Wheaton Family Theatre Series Season 6 launches in March.
• Phase D: Beginning April 2021: Performances, workshops, and classroom residencies for Middle and High School; InterAct’s Shakespeare program tours in April and May; KidStory Theatre Festival planned for May - June.
• NEW WEBSITE: In keeping with our ongoing DEIA (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, Access) Plan, InterAct Story Theatre built a spiffy new website with enhanced accessibility, and we’re busily working away on more features to unveil this fall!